Monday, January 7, 2013

Day 6/30: "Hearts & Flowers"

Day 6/30:  "Hearts & Flowers" - Trying to get the hang of painting figures in sunlight  using instruction from Peggi Kroll Roberts whose workshop I took in the fall.  This one is of my niece, Becca, and her sweet little friend drawing with chalk on the sidewalk. Becca is one of the biggest Bama fans I know...she's the one with the red shoes!
"Hearts & Flowers"
6"x8"
Oil on Board   $175
 
Back in the fall, I took a workshop with Peggi Kroll-Roberts and it was - in one word - amazing!  She is an incredible teacher and I learned so much from her.  Right after the workshop, I did several paintings of figures in sunlight to put into practice the techniques I learned.  Then Christmas was upon us and I was busy with commissions, etc., so this week I've tried to get back in the swing of things and do some more. 
 
This is my niece and her little friend drawing with chalk on the sidewalk.  Favorite subject matter, of course, hearts and flowers!

3 comments:

Cathy Engberg said...

This is wonderful! Love the subject matter and light in this one! I'm so envious that you were able to take a workshop with PKR. That is definitely on my short list of things to do.

Barbara said...

Thank you, Cathy! You would love her workshop! Her dvd's a wonderful, too!

Barbara said...

*are*