Saturday, January 19, 2013

Day 18/30: "Hold My Hand"

Photo: Day 18/30: "Hold My Hand" 6x6 - Back to painting figures today! I've painted about 8 paintings from these photos I took one sunny Saturday morning back in the fall.  Sweet models!  My mother was the only one that morning who would sit still, though!  The others said, "It's SATURDAY! We can't sit still!" :)
"Hold My Hand"
6" x 6"
Oil on Board
 
Figure painting practice again today!  I can't wait for some sunny and warm days to take more photos of unsuspecting family members. ;)   I love seeing interesting shadow patterns and playing around with those in paint.  I've done these types of paintings mostly on a small scale, but I think I'll venture into something larger soon!
 
Have a great weekend & thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Linda Popple said...

Very nice! I like the shadows.

Fay Terry said...

This is great, I love the trio holding hands and the bright sunny scene you created.

Unknown said...

I like this painting Barbara, well done

Barbara said...

Thanks, everyone! I appreciate your kind comments very much!