Thursday, January 31, 2013

Day 30/30: "Safely Rest" *SOLD*

"Safely Rest" *SOLD*
6"x6"
Oil on Board
 
Well, here we are on the final day of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge.  When Leslie Saeta first posted about this, I thought, "hmmmm, sounds fun, but no way I would commit to that!"  I thought a bit more and then decided it was a great way to start the new year!  Introduce some discipline!  Challenge myself!
 
I started the new year off sick, but still got a painting in every day.  It was a busy month, too, preparing for several shows and competitions, but like any commitment we make in life, there are easy days and hard days. You just stick to it and the results are always worth it. 
 
So, this nightscape symbolizes the end of this little journey.  I have always been totally enamored with the full moon.  The way you can see shadows at night is just amazing.  I love to go out to the country near my house when we have a full moon and look at the fields all lit up in the night.  So when a friend challenged me to do a nightscape for the final painting, I knew immediately the way I wanted it to look.  The title is from Taps....or as we called it in Girl Scouts, "Day is Done"!
 
Thanks for looking at my paintings!  I appreciate it so much and the comments, too!
 

7 comments:

Jacqueline Brewer said...

I love this painting Barbara..it evokes a very calm and peaceful feeling. Beautiful!

Barbara said...

Thank you, Jacqueline! It does for me, too! I think I'll paint one similar on a larger scale.

Bruce Bingham said...

Very peaceful.

Anne said...

Thank you for sharing this series by way of your blog. I stumbled on it a few days ago. I have seen and admired your work at Lyon Share in Fairhope and enjoyed reviewing your blog.
I love your landscapes and especially your cloudy skies.

Barbara said...

Thank you all so much!

Anne - I'm glad to know you've seen my work in Fairhope and have now stumbled on my blog. The world is a small place!

Thanks for looking everyone! Your comments mean a lot to me!

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Barbara, it has been so much fun following your amazing work over the past thirty days. This really has been a great challenge, and had definitely instilled a dedication to keep painting every day. I look forward to following your blog and seeing what you will be creating next!

Barbara said...

Thank you, Claire! I have started following you, too! Did you listen to AHA yesterday? Leslie said the artists probably haven't had time to explore the other artists' blogs. That would be me! I'm going to take the time to look everyone's!