Friday, January 11, 2013

Day 10/30: "For Savannah" *SOLD*

"For Savannah" *SOLD*
5"x7"
Oil on Board   $125

 
A few days into the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge, I was contacted by a blog follower.  Even though we live in cities close to each other, we've never met.  This sweet mother wrote about her daughter, Savannah, who suffers with Juvenile Arthritis.  She wrote that she was excited about following the 30/30 Challenge and wanted to know if I would consider painting a particular photo of her daughter.  She wrote:
 
Savannah was diagnosed with Juvenile Rheumatoid arthritis, at the age 8, which has now effected her feet. She is now 10 years old, and has given up things like soccer because of the extreme pain when she runs. She has a difficult time walking every morning when she first wakes up, but she manages the best she can with her every day struggles. The photo represents a "pain free" girl for me (though, she might have hurt, even then, and we did not know it).
 
I'm not a mom, but I can imagine that the only thing worse than losing a child would be seeing your child in pain and not be able to make it go away.  You can read about Savannah and follow her at www.hopeforsavannah.blogspot.com
 
This one's for you, Savannah!
 

3 comments:

hopeforsavannah said...

My favorite painting, ever! It is truly wonderful...more than words can say. My family wishes to purchase it, please. Barbara, thank you.
Jenny

Barbara said...

Jenny, I am so glad you like it!! Thank you for the inspiration....in more ways than one!

dglenncasey said...

Wonderful painting. Love the light.

On a side note, I know what Savannah is feeling, have had JRA since I was about twelve. It can be a pain in the butt, but life goes on. I'll be 55 in a couple of months. Your artist friend should talk to her daughter's doctor and see if they would want to try Enbrel. It was a life changer for me. Went from hobbling around all day to riding my bicycle 4-5000 miles a year and taking up ballroom dancing after starting Enbrel. Best of luck of Savannah.