Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day 4/30: "Spot of Tea" *SOLD*



"Spot of Tea" *SOLD*
7"x5"
Oil on Board   $150
 
Day 4 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge and I decided to paint a cup of tea because tomorrow Downton Abbey returns and I can hardly wait!  I watch the news, The Weather Channel, a little Food Network and Downton Abbey...that's about it!  Not much to get excited about on tv if you ask me except this!  I have been wanting to paint more reflective surfaces, too, because they are hard and I really want to push myself, so this month I hope to do more of those as well.  I know one thing: I need some new brushes.  My little flats are now little brooms, so it was hard to get in those little reflections that just skim the edge. 

And I have to say that blogger is driving me nuts!  It won't let me upload an image, so I'm trying to figure out a backdoor way to make it work and in doing so, this HUGE image was posted and it's cropping it!  Oh, well!  That's the best I can do today!

1 comment:

hopeforsavannah said...

I like this painting. I like the subtle colors and the way it makes me feel relaxed...like tea time does.