Saturday, September 7, 2013

Day 7/30: G is for Golf and the Goofy Girl

"The Golfer"
7"x5"
Oil on Panel
$175
 
Knowing I wanted to paint a golfer for my "G" painting in the alphabet series, I set out to photograph a golfer this morning.  I live in a golf course neighborhood, so that should be easy, right? Hmmmm....how do I do this without unnerving the golfers.  I don't want to say, "Hey, guys, I'm a painter and I want to paint some golfers.  Do you mind if I take your picture?"  Not on a Saturday morning when all they want to do is think about their game, I'm sure.   Hmmmm...no, I'll just find some, get in a good spot, use my zoom lens and no one will be the wiser. 
So, I find the perfect little tucked away spot.  I've super zoomed and I'm taking pictures.  I hear a horn in the distance it seems as "Girl on Fire" blares on the radio.  I snap away.  I hear a horn again.  I snap away.  I turn and put my camera down and only then do I realize I've been blocking someone's driveway and they're trying to get out.  G stands for Good Grief....was I embarrassed.  I looked like a stalker or some girlfriend private investigator!
So, if you're in my neighborhood, please excuse me!  I'm not a freak....just a goofy girl with a zoom lens....gee.....
 
If you are interested in buying this painting of my latest victim, please click on the link below:
Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Linda Popple said...

I'm enjoying your alphabet paintings. This one has great light.

Barbara said...

Thank you, Linda!!