Wednesday, June 5, 2013

'All Things Southern' Feature: "Watermelon, Watermelon"

"Watermelon, Watermelon"
10x10
Oil on Canvas
 
I am passionate about life in the South.  Born and raised and deeply rooted in Alabama, I have more than a particular fondness for the myriad of things that make us who we are....and this is what I am passionate about painting.  I want to honor the Southern lifestyle....create something special for those of us who have lived here all our lives; to introduce those who aren't from around here to the things we treasure and hopefully they, too, will fall in love with this place in the world. 
 
I plan to post a painting each week featuring something uniquely special to Southerners called "All Things Southern".  It may be our landscape.  It may be a still life of cornbread and sweet tea.  It might be a neighbor or a bunch of flowers in a Mason jar.  Whatever it is, I hope it will give you a glimpse of my world and my heart...the Deep South.
 
With summer on my mind, today's posting is "Watermelon, Watermelon"...the best summer treat in Dixie! 
 
You can purchase this painting through my website www.BarbaraDavisArt.com:

2 comments:

martinealison said...

Une très belle manière d'arrivée dans le sud... avec ces tranches de pastèques...
Une peinture vivifiante et aux couleurs explosives.
J'ai hâte de découvrir au fil de vos publications vos prochaines oeuvres.

Gros bisous à vous.

Barbara said...

Thank you so much! There's so much beauty here in our region and I'm looking forward to sharing it! I appreciate your comments very much!