Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A New Day...aka Change Your Palette, Change Your Life!

"A New Day" 8" x 6"
Oil on Board
 
After two days in a row of scraping off my plein air attempts (including one fitful scraping which resulted in "a new painting shirt", if you know what I mean), I feel like I had success today. 
 
This time it was different.  For one thing, I picked a better location.....quiet, peaceful, some overgrown grass, foliage - not all manicured.  Second, I just worked smaller....8"x6".   Third, I changed my palette!  I felt like I got a new pair of shoes or a new haircut or both.  I used Alizarin Crimson, Cadmium Red Light, Indian Yellow, Cadmium Yellow Lemon, Ultramarine Blue, Phthalo Blue, Transaprent Earth Red and Titanium White. 
 
Did I say the weather was perfect?  The weather was perfect!  What a pretty morning and I'm so glad I got to enjoy it painting and not scraping!

No comments: