Follow by Email

Friday, March 28, 2014

Springing Back to the Blog!

It's been awhile since my last post.
(I wonder how many other blog posts begin like that!)
I've neglected it, I know.  Sometimes I think I'm the only one reading it! LOL!  
Okay, enough of that!  

Here's what I've been working on this week: loosening up!
I bought some beautiful red geraniums...well, not red exactly, 
but that gorgeous "straight-from-the-tube-cadmium-red" variety. 
My challenge was also to not make it too "straight-from-the-tube-cadmium-red", you know?

So, here was the first one.  A little on the tight side, huh?


...and here was the second one.  Closer to what I was aiming for.



...here's the latest one.  Getting closer and I'm really starting to l.o.v.e. painting this geranium.  
I think painting the same thing multiple times is a great way to learn.
So, there will be more!  Added bonus....they look really good in my neutral colored kitchen! :)

Thank for reading and looking!



2 comments:

Sharon L. Graves said...

Love all three but I love the first one and it's colors. FYI, I have a hard time with the prove I'm not a robot thingy so I don't comment on those blogs as much.

Barbara said...

Thank you, Sharon!! I appreciate your comment AND for letting me know about the robot comment thing! I always feel like I'm just talking to myself when I don't see any comments!! LOL! Silly....because I read other blogs a lot and don't always comment!! Anyway, I DO appreciate it very much!! :)