Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Family Tradition




Happy Summer, everyone! We're near the official kickoff of this great season and I wanted to post this one for two reasons. One - it represents one of Alabama's great family traditions...spending time at the beach!! This one depicts an older (ahem...maybe middle aged) woman who I like to think is introducing this little girl (a daughter, a niece, a granddaughter?) to the Gulf. There's also a teenager/young woman in the upper left hand corner representing that time in your life when you'd rather be at the beach with your friends. We always come full circle though and back to family! I'm so happy that I can say my best friends are family! Okay - reason number 2 - I just took this painting and others to Lyon's Share Gallery in Fairhope, AL and I'm so excited that they will now have my work! Stop by if you're around there on your next visit to the Gulf Shores/Orange Beach area!

No comments: