Monday, January 19, 2015

Day 19/30: The People of Alabama

"The People of Alabama"
20"x16"
Oil on Linen


Today was one of the most memorable days for me of the Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days Challenge!
I was commissioned to complete a live event painting during the inauguration and it was just so much fun and such an honor!  I was thrilled to be a part of the beautiful ceremony!  That painting is a surprise to be revealed later...although here is a photo of the work in progress early this morning:


The painting I'm posting for the daily challenge....even though I've done 2!!  Woo hoo!! .....is one I did after the inauguration painting was complete at Governor Robert Bentley's "Thank You, Alabama" party.  I painted in many of the people who were there and I love that I had a  Boy Scout, a baby, a National Guardsman, a beauty queen, old people, young people & all points in between (even my sweet husband made it into this one!).  A good representation of Alabamians.  So much fun to visit with people as I painted!  I was honored to be there with the Alabama State Council on the Arts. 

A lovely day all around!

Thank you looking!


No comments: